As a LARPer for about 20 years now, I have probably been in more LARP theory discussions than in actual games. I have tried a lot of LARP styles, and in my experience, the people matter as much as any other aspect of a LARP. Who I play with, who I write with, and who I run with has as much impact on the final product as all the mechanics, acting tricks, plot brilliance, and set design. This project – LARP Out Of Character – will focus on those people and their experiences.
We will talk to LARPers out-of-character and, hopefully, see how the character of those LARPers makes LARP what it is.
See all the interviews from NELCO 2013, or see the interviewees compiled answers for each our 3 LARP Questions:
Panels, Presentations, and Discussions from NELCO 2014 on a variety of topics:
- So you want to write a LARP (Theater LARP Writing 101)
- When Theater and Boffer Collide
- What Live Action Roleplaying Games Do Well
- Stuffing: Making Sure the LARP you Wrote is the LARP they Get
- Designing LARPs for Repeat Players
- Introduction to Foreign LARP
- The Future of LARP
- Describing LARP Mechanics & Rules
- GM Services: What Services Could we Provide to Support LARP?
- 5 Plots Every LARP Should Have
- Death in LARP: Resurrection, Permadeath, and Replacement Roles
- Creating LARP Plots that Players Want to Talk About
- Group Dynamics in LARP
- Campaign LARPs: Logistics for the Long Haul
- Larp Library (coming soon)
- Game Wrap (coming soon)
- Short LARPer Interviews from Intercon O (2015)
If you have questions or comments you can email me at my gmail address: larpooc@gm…